Monday, April 19, 2021 by JD Heyes
The censoring of former President Donald Trump by the Stalin-esque big tech platforms is continuing, which proves that they are neither for ‘free speech and expression’ or unbiased.
Last week, Trump sat for an interview with his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, who is reportedly interested in running for a U.S. Senate seat in her native North Carolina in 2022.
It was one of the first sit-down video interviews the former president did, as he attempts to reconnect with his massive voter base (his is real, by the way, while Joe Biden’s is largely unreal).
But it wasn’t to be, as the UK’s Daily Mail reports:
Facebook and Instagram have removed Donald Trump’s interview with his daughter-in-law Lara in another sign of the left-leaning Silicon Valley giant canceling the former president.
In the interview, Trump tore into social media and the mainstream media for suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story, he criticized President Biden’s green agenda and railed against cancel culture which he said obliterates US culture.
It was for The Right View, Lara’s show. During the 18-minute interview, Trump also spoke about running for President again in 2024. Lara had been promoting it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter beforehand.
The big tech gurus have all decided that there are certain people Americans are ‘allowed’ to hear from and certain people Americans are not allowed to hear, Trump being in the latter category.
After the interview was edited and Lara Trump’s team was preparing to upload it, four minutes beforehand Facebook’s speech Nazis emailed her team and informed them that the platform would simply remove the interview if it was uploaded. The team did so anyway, but several minutes later, they got another email saying it had been removed.
Lara Trump shared screenshots of the communications afterward on Instagram, writing: “And just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984” — a reference to the prophetic book about all-intrusive big government written in the late 1940s.
Shortly after the Jan. 6 riots, the former president was banned from all major social media platforms, nearly in unison, as they used the assault as their impetus to do what they had been wanting to do throughout his term.
He has managed to get around the blackout by issuing statements through his office, which he has said actually gets him more attention these days than if he were still on Twitter.
During his interview, he lambasted Joe Biden and said he “‘didn’t know where the hell he was” when he nearly fell down the steps of Air Force One last month (and again just a few days ago). He also said Twitter has become quite “boring” without him, which is also a true statement (check out this social media site instead, by the way).
Throughout his presidency, Trump warred with the big tech giants, especially as they moved to ban more and more conservatives.
“Social Media Giants are silencing millions of people,” Trump tweeted in August 2018. “Can’t do this even if it means we must continue to hear Fake News like CNN, whose ratings have suffered gravely.”
He added: “Let everybody participate, good & bad, and we will all just have to figure it out.”
In June, he threatened action against the the big tech platforms if they continued to ban and censor conservatives.
“Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservative voices,” Trump wrote. “We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”
He also blasted the platforms for becoming shills for Hillary Clinton in 2016.
“We can’t let a more sophisticated version of that happen again,” he wrote. “Just like we can’t let large scale Mail-In Ballots take root in our Country. It would be a free-for-all on cheating, forgery and the theft of Ballots. Whoever cheated the most would win. Likewise, Social Media. Clean up your act, NOW!!!!”
All of which feeds into the belief that Trump will simply start his own social media company soon — which will become massive overnight.
See more reporting like this at Tyranny.news.
COPYRIGHT © 2017 INFO WARS WATCH