Sunday, November 21, 2021 by JD Heyes
Top conservative talker Alex Jones is pushing back against a series of defamation rulings against him by a state judge in Connecticut in reference to lawsuits filed by parents of children who were killed by a mentally unstable young man who eventually turned his rifle on himself nearly a decade ago at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
“Alex Jones, the founder of the ‘Infowars’ franchise … was found guilty by default in a series of defamation cases filed against him after he alleged that the Sandy Hook Elementary School murders in 2012 were part of ‘a giant hoax’ meant to advance then-President Barack Obama’s gun control agenda,” American Wire reported earlier this week.
“A superior court judge in Connecticut ruled in favor of the plaintiffs in all four cases after Jones failed to turn over documents the court had ordered to substantiate his claims, including his financial records, according to reports. Plaintiffs had also alleged that Jones profited off of his theory,” the news outlet continued.
Jones responded at the time.
“These individuals, again, are not allowing me to have a jury trial because they know the things they said, I supposedly did, didn’t happen,” he said. “They know they don’t have a case for damages.
“And so the judge is saying you are guilty of damages, now a jury decides how guilty you are. It’s not guilty until proven guilty,” Jones continued.
He then went on to post a video to his Infowars site to explain his side of the story following the rulings.
“We watched [Project Veritas founder] James O’Keefe get raided by a SWAT team last week and his journalistic papers illegally confiscated,” Jones began. “We saw [former top political adviser to President Donald Trump] Steve Bannon indicted by the House of Representatives for declaring executive privilege — something that’s always honored between the branches of government.
“And we see all of the hundreds of thousands of ‘lawfare’ lawsuits filed by the left, against conservatives, Christians, and nationalists,” he continued, adding that the Connecticut judge, as well as another court in Texas, have denied him a “jury trial” in the cases.
“They claim that I didn’t turn documents over. That’s a lie. We gave them all of our documents, we gave them our bank account information — something that nobody’s ever had to do in a defamation case that we know of,” he added (some of the parents of the children killed by the shooter, Adam Lanza, claim Jones profited off of his ‘conspiracies’ surrounding the murders).
“They said they were fake.”
“Judge Barbara Bellis took the rare step of issuing a default judgment in the case because she said Jones and his companies, Infowars and Free Speech Systems, had failed to turn over documents including records that might have showed how, and if, they had profited from spreading misinformation about the school shooting and other mass killings,” The AP reported.
Jones went on to say that the court never provided any proof that the documents were not real, adding that what he is experiencing with the judges is “next-level corruption.” He also said that he is not taking the rejection personally, indicating there are much bigger issues to be concerned about in terms of the survival of the country.
“This is how America dies right now, by a thousand cuts,” he noted further, asking viewers to simply continue to support Infowars “because, without you, we don’t have a voice.”
“I’m willing to go through some pain on this because I understand that not standing up will be much worse if they’re successful and totally take over and set up a real authoritarian state,” said the Infowars founder.
Our governing institutions have gone rogue, there is just no other way to explain cases like this.
COPYRIGHT © 2017 INFO WARS WATCH